Saturday 24 September 2011

RE_FRESHERS

   2 15 into the night I think if I should be doing this. Two hectic nights and two hectic days with project submissions, positive interactions with seniors and loads of dancing.

   But a man must do what he is meant to do.. So I sit down to write about the freshers party that is fresh in my mind and in my body (3 hours of continuous dancing isn't very ideal for your body and it does take revenge on you.)

   I am 2 and half months old at GNLU but we have this concept of late fresher parties. It seemed really annoying when we were new to this place, that the 1st years mostly get the freshers party only in the second semester or really late into the 1st sem (i.e. If they are lucky) But now if I think about it the idea of a freshers in the beginning of the college doesn't really make sense. A group of people you dont even know throwing a party for a few people who don't know each other. Doesn't it paint the image of a room full of unknown people looking to have fun? It does to me.

    The real fun is the part when you have friends that you will willingly die for along with loads of seniors who know you and you know them and some of them are good friends. That is the fun of a freshers party. Because what party is fun with out friends? Compare a room full of people who dont know each other and a room full of friends for life. Definitely that explains which party is wilder and more fun.

   Anyway without going into the definitions and explanations any further I will move on to the party right away. A slight backdrop to the entire event. There was a rumor that the guys had to take dates for the freshers compulsorily. (A small rumor spread by me, which was meant to be fun but lead to a wild fire as people started asking girls out to the freshers. Relationships that were secretive cam into the open. The same with the secretive feelings that people harbored in their hearts. It all came out as I presented them the best possible opportunity.)

   So obviously as the impact was huge it meant the word spread easily. (By the way as defined by a senior, GNLU is too small for too many to be living and so the immediate passing of the word.) And for this small goodwill joke of mine I got a lot of tonic from loads of people. But that didnt matter much because the fact that I had spread so much love(or whatever u might call it) in the batch was actually cool.

   So the moment I realised that this thing was getting serious I though I should ask someone out lest I have to look stupid. I mean who does this? Instigate mass proposals and goes to the party alone. So I asked Anju out . Momentous decision that I never thought I would nor did I actually regret. Its just that Anju, NikR and Dimpy are awesome buckchods and hanging out with them along with Trip, Inspector and Yudi is super fun. NikR was going with Trip and Dimpy I assumed would be going with Yudi and my judgement wasnt far off precision. That cleared all the room for choosing and I asked Anju out. She said yes but not before her browser crashed and I thought that I had offended her for some reason. Dont blame me, the fairer sex is really complex and even the most ordinary can be most unexpected at times.

   So after much excitement and expectations we finally came to the day Freshers was scheduled to happen. The college much to our dismay made another Saturday into a working day (The rate at which they are doing this, they should just make it a working day and occasionally surprise us with a holiday for a Saturday.). The spirits were high so college passed really slowly and finally as we boarded the buses that were supposed to take us to the destination for the freshers we realised that the buses were few and people were many. So as we are unfortunate enough to be first years and guys we have to stand while the rest could sit.

  30 minute trip to Ahmedabad and we reached the club where this thing was going to be held. The atmosphere inside the club was awesome. Nothing like a club packed with young enthusiastic people ready to dance their way to hell. And it showed as people got into the groove, completely ready to dance. Sadly the DJ who was playing clearly didnt know his job very well. The songs he played were ridiculous. While some of them were pretty decent (not in the literal sense) but most of the songs played were not app for a group of college students.

   Yet that hardly mattered as people started dancing crazily on songs that were average. Though I wouldnt want to classify it as a group but that was the way it was, as me, Anju, NikR, Trip, Yudi, Dimpy, Granger, Gini, Sister and Inspector started dancing together. Eros was like a free bee as he roamed around group by group dancing with as many girls as he possibly could. And as the time increased, people started getting into their elements and the intensity of the dancing increased. There were the classic songs like "dekha jo tujhe yaar" and " I wanna make up ryt now" and there were the new dhinchak additions like "Ainh Vainh Ainh Vainh" and "Chammak Challo"

   Then began the Mr. and Miss Fresher thing. I had been shortlisted for the top8 but thankfully as I didnt turn up for the final interviews so I wasnt there among the top4 who had to do a few tasks right  there. The winners were Madbong and Tara (whatever) and most people took a break off dancing to have dinner. The dinner was highly disappointing yet that was the last thing on our minds. As we quickly finished off dinner to go back to dancing. And this was the time when people started to dance with their dates.

   It all began with NikR telling Trip that it was a disappointing date. A comment which was made as a jest but one that Trip took pretty seriously and they started to dance. So Yudi started dancing with Dimpy and me and Anju started dancing. And the kind of songs we were dancing on were ridiculous. Who ball dances on "Baby" (Beiber) Actually who dances on Baby at all? But yeah, we did. On the entire song. And it was actually fun. The dance, not the song. The song just shows how bad the DJ was and how much fun we were having, to actually ball dance on a song like that. And the songs that followed were not again meant for dancing yet it didnt matter as we danced on "ek do teen" and "senorita".

   And once we were done with the last five songs, it was the end of the day and people were too exhausted to ask for a "once more" or maybe it did start to sink in that we had danced on "Beiber". Whatever the reason,  it was the end of the day and exhausted people started moving out like cattle towards the exit. Yet what remained was the photography session and I hold that in a very high regard. So as soon as we exited, people all around started clicking pictures to emboss them in their fond memoirs of college life.



   So coming to the main part of the entire post. The conclusion..

   Friendship--------------------

   Quoting Albert Camus- "Dont walk infront of me I may not follow, Dont walk behind me I may not want to lead. Walk by me, be a friend". A friend is someone who is there for you whenever you need a "someone". The value of friends in life is immeasurable, something that cant be quantified but something that cant be done wthout. Drawing a parallel here, what would this party have been had it not been for the awesome people (Anju, NikR, Trip, Yudi, Dimpy, Granger, Sister, Inspector, Gini, Eros). It would have been like the Freshers that most colleges have. A room full of people trying to enjoy but not managing to do so because more the happiness one distributes, more it multiplies inside him. What would have been the song "baby" without one of my best friends ball dancing with me? Well a target to a few swears aimed by me I guess...

   Thats how big a difference a friend makes. Hope every person reading this is just as fortunate as I am to have friends like I do. Because if you do then your life cant get any better. A friend is, what you would call the permanent Nitrous Oxide. (N2O) For those who dont know that is the laughing gas. Who wouldnt want a talking and moving permanent happiness walking right next to them? I certainly could do with as many of them as possible. That is why I make as many friends as possible. That is why in 2 and half months I have made friends, who will be so till the very end. That is why back home in Mumbai I have hundreds of friends and that doesnt include facebook, and i try my best to keep them all really close to my heart. So that I dont end up loosing something as important as a friend.

This goes out to all those friends of mine who were there today with me in the freshers party, to those who are back in Mumbai awaiting my return (okay maybe not sitting and waiting for me as if they cant do without me, but its my blog, I can boast to my limits :P), and to everyone who has ever had a person who he/she could call a friend. Also to my best friend back in Mumbai, who wishes to be a part of my life everyday but cant, for now. But we have the entire future. :D

Love You all......

Buckchod
Lock and Load

7 comments:

  1. Awesome as usual (:. I loves the whole bieber thing :P. Also, yes a late fresher is better than the first one.

    And yes, Ms. Fresher was a mite disappointing :/, but we musn't be rude :P

    AWESOME PARTY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah the freshers was good. We all have our favs.. But the decision was in the hands of the seniors. Cant help it. But congrats to the winners. And hard luck to the runner ups.. making it to the top 4 wasnt easy(literally)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. freshers wasn't disappointing at all. You expected it to be you? or Nuhar for that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chill man, its a difference of opinion. Happens all the time. Don't get personal here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well exactly my point Sanket. You ve got a problem with how things went keep it to urself, do not post it on public forums!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 clarification to anyone who misunderstood me. The "whatever" in the brackets relate to the names which are out of nowhere and ridiculous and not to the characters.

    ReplyDelete